Brotherhood of St Laurence
Saver Plus assists individuals and families on lower incomes to build assets and improve financial capability, and has supported thousands of lower income earners to develop a lasting savings habit. Saver Plus offers:
- up to $500 in matched savings for education costs
- fun, free and informal financial education workshops
- assistance and support from a Saver Plus coordinator to establish a savings goal and develop a savings habit.
Eligibility: Participants must meet all the below criteria:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a child at school or starting next year, or attend vocational education yourself
- have some regular income from your work (you or your partner)
- have a Centrelink, Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- can demonstrate a capacity to save after your regular expenses have been paid
- have a connection to the area in which the Saver Plus program is run, by living, working, studying or having children at school there
- have not received matched funds from Saver Plus before (you or your partner)
- be in receipt of an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment. (Many Centrelink payments are eligible, please contact your local Coordinator for more information)
Saver Plus is also delivered nationally so if you or someone you know lives outside Hume, Craigieburn or Whittlesea please call 1300 610 355.
Ph: 0407 817 758 (Lynn Jacob)